Mumbai, 23rd October 2023 – The North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja Samiti, one of Mumbai’s oldest and most prestigious Durga Puja celebrations, is set to mark its 76th year in grand style. This year’s festivities are nothing short of spectacular, celebrating the rich culture, art, and spirituality of Thai Temples. With a star-studded guest list that includes Anil Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor, Jaya Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, and many more, this event promises to be unparalleled.
The Centerpiece – A Magnificent Protima:
The highlight of this year’s celebrations is a breathtaking 20-foot-high Protima (idol) of Goddess Durga, complete with an intricately crafted Mukut (crown). The idol stands at an impressive 17 feet in height without the Mukut and is 30 feet in length. This impressive sculpture weighs over 3 tons, necessitating the use of forklifts and cranes during the immersion process. The Protima takes seven rounds before immersion, making it a sight to behold.
The “Thai Temples” Theme:
This year’s Durga Puja theme, “Thai Temples,” has been masterfully curated to draw inspiration from the rich and ornate designs found in the temples of Thailand. The Art Director, Kiran, has painstakingly incorporated Thai aesthetics into the Pandal, creating a captivating Thai ambiance for all visitors.
A Holistic Experience:
North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja Samiti takes immense pride in offering a holistic experience to its devotees and visitors. The organization’s commitment to excellence is evident in every aspect of their hospitality and organization.
- Advertisement -
- Entertainment: The celebration features the best entertainment programs, including performances by renowned celebrities, all accessible to the public.
- Comfort: Visitors are provided with free water while waiting in line, and the air-conditioned waiting area ensures comfort. The Pandal itself is centrally air-conditioned, wheelchair-friendly, and offers valet parking.
- Hygiene: Dedicated housekeeping maintains spotless and dry toilets.
- Accessibility: The event attracts renowned artists and singers, offering performances that are open to everyone, as no tickets are sold.
- A Legacy of Unity: With over a lakh of attendees, North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja Samiti’s 76-year legacy continues to shine brightly, fostering unity, devotion, and celebration.
A Legacy of Excellence:
Established in 1948, North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja Samiti has been celebrating Durga Puja for 76 years. Founded by illustrious figures such as Sasadhar Mukerji, Ashok Kumar, Kishore Kumar, and many more, the Puja continues to thrive, thanks to dedicated workers like Supratim Sarkar, Navnit Narayan, and others.
A Star-Studded Extravaganza:
This year’s Durga Puja celebration at North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja Samiti is set to be a star-studded extravaganza, with Bollywood and music industry celebrities gracing the occasion. The event promises to be grander than ever, welcoming all to seek Maa’s blessings.
The Durga Puja celebration, which spans from Shasti to Bijoya Dashami, includes various rituals and pujas that honor and worship the goddess, culminating in a day of rejoicement, blessings, and sweet distributions on Dassera.
In its 76th year, North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja Samiti continues to shine as a beacon of tradition, unity, and devotion, bringing together people from all walks of life to celebrate the goddess and her blessings.