Birthday Feature: 5 lesser known facts of Sikandar Kher
It might have taken a bit long for Sikandar Kher to get his due credit but the actor finally proved his mettle as an actor with his spectacular performance in the Emmy-nominated Aarya. Mostly seen in a grunge look, the actor will be seen in a suited-up look in his upcoming movie Monica, O My Darling. But as the actor rings in his birthday on October 31, here are five lesser known facts about him.
- Sikandar Kher has been a sports person since he was a child and not just one, he tried to play multiple sports. He is an avid golfer and still tries to find some time off to keep his practice going. He also played handball at state level and table tennis at district level. Not just that,he also played basketball at state level and lawn tennis at district level.
- Often considered as brothers rather than best friends, Sikandar’s friendship with actor Abhishek Bachchan goes way back and both grew up together. The duo, who have worked together in movies like Players, have been friends for 42 long years. If that does not make you go aww… then these childhood friends often keep posting their throwback pictures on social media.
- The son of one of the legends of the industry, Sikandar, never took the help of his father, Anupam Kher, to get roles or influence people for roles. A time when people were debating about nepotism, Sikandar preferred the hard way where he waited for the directors to reach him for the right kind of roles.
- He did one month of acting workshops with his buddies Abhishek Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan before they got into acting professionally. He also did a 6-month theatre course from the National School Of Drama during his school days. Believing that there are no shortcuts to stardom, the actor tried to hone his acting skills before entering the industry.
- Sikandar was offered to play the role of Sameer (played by Saif Ali Khan) in Farhan Akhtar’s 2001 cult classic Dil Chahta Hai. But things didn’t go that way or else it would have been totally different. However, the actor had mentioned that he would love to be a part of the movie, if it was ever remade.